Heart of Shadowsr

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hello everyone now my stepdad works at a thrift store and he manages to get his hands on laptops and computers from to time and he managed to get his hands on an 2005 hp m8300f this time.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3644702

Now when he connected it his monitor wouldn't power on from orange and I even tried 2 of my monitors with no such luck. I opened it up and discovered that the graphics card may be fried and the doof who opened this last broke the cpu(he rubbed off most of the spikes).

Now I wanted to know get an opinion from an expert as my stepdad has his own computer that is somewhat weaker than this with windows xp and runs fine if this computer was worth fixing up.

I know its an hp and it won't last long anyway.

Thank you for your time.

Solution
Keep it its still a bargain right? Research what you have inside and as long as it isn't damaged beyond normal use, you can swap and replace parts at will. And as new stuff comes out basic economics tell you that old parts will be cheaper so you can have a decent AM2 functional machine for fraction of the price.

robert123456

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Keep it its still a bargain right? Research what you have inside and as long as it isn't damaged beyond normal use, you can swap and replace parts at will. And as new stuff comes out basic economics tell you that old parts will be cheaper so you can have a decent AM2 functional machine for fraction of the price.

Solution

Heart of Shadowsr

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

My stepdad is pretty poor and not really swimming in money and neither am I.

I might just take the hard drive and dvd drive for myself to use with another computer I got.

I just wanted to make sure this thing wasn't worth ditching just so I wouldn't have a guilty conscience but now I gotta think about this.