Sign in with
Your question

Newegg or Tigerdirect?

Last response: in Systems
October 11, 2010 9:49:00 PM

I live in CA and would like to purchase my new build (going to cost about $1,300) from Newegg but the sales tax is going to cost me an extra 10% almost. Tigerdirect seems to have a bad reputation or not as good as Newegg at least.

Is it worth biting the bullet and going through Newegg or am I being paranoid about Tigerdirect?

Also waiting to look at holiday sales next month before I buy if that makes a difference.

More about : newegg tigerdirect

October 12, 2010 4:46:37 AM

^ If you get very good combos, then going with newegg is better, also check out amazon...
m
l
October 12, 2010 5:01:08 AM

Yeah I'm also waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I would Say that 80% of my buys are from newegg even though I haven't build a comp in a while. As for BF/CM you could see the ad's start appearing around the 1st and 2nd week of November. If I could get the same Products from Tiger well, 10% at $1300 is $130 bucks I would use that to get a better GPU. Most the time It's hard to beat the egg.
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2010 7:13:35 AM

Tiger is fine, use em all the time if new egg is out of stock. Newegg is better shipping times.
m
l
October 13, 2010 5:30:34 PM

I find newegg generally has a better selection and prices, but tiger has better shipping time in my area.

They have a distribution center in northern IL and I live in southeast WI, so I get stuff from them ridiculously fast. I've had 2 day turnaround from ordering to processing to shipping to delivery.
m
l
!