Overheating Graphics Card

San_987

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I've been trying to figure out why my PC is having these super slow moment when I'm playing High Graphic Games (Starcraft 2).
It plays for bout 8 minutes perfectly fine, but then all the sudden it goes super slow. I downloaded a program to see how hot my system is and apparently it's at 66 C and up to 96 C when I'm gaming. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Or is this normal? If so, does anyone know what might be the problem?
852.png

NIVIDIA Geforce 9100

hooray4boobies

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Obviously you're on a laptop, so make sure it has the appropriate ventilation, i.e. at least 30-60cm behind and each side. Laptops, because the components are so close together produce lots of heat. And as the fans have to be generally side mounted, they don't push out too much air. The ambient temp around your laptop will play a big part too. My laptop with a measly 5470 will send the fans stupid if i'm sitting in bed and the rear is blocked by my fluffy blanket haha

Your graphic card will throttle back to prevent overheating...making your game run slower.