[New Machine] Dont know whats wrong..

colmanh

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Firstly, if i've posted this thread in the wrong section please let me know.
Now to get on to the issue...basically yesterday I bought a new 1336 pin X58 AsRock Extreme motherboard, a Core i7-950 cpu and 6GB of ram and a new V12 600 Watt power supply. What is still left in my machine from originally is the Hard disk drive and the GFX card which is a nVidia 8300gs.

Occasionally I like to play Starcraft II and on my old setup I was only able to play on minimal resolution. Theoretically I thought the upgrade from an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86gHz processor and a 775 pin mother board housing 2gb of ram to this new setup would atleast allow me to run certain functions of Starcraft better than before. But to my dismay this wasnt the case, its just a slow and choppy...and im not 100% sure why. Could anyone offer any suggestions as to how I could overcome this speed bump?

I am open to the idea of maybe purchasing a new GFX card but as I just spent around $900 at msy yesterday that would be a last resort option and further down the track if it happens at all.
Regards.

Wolfshadw

Titan
"Low cost" and "Highest specs" generally don't go together when it comes to gaming graphic cards. I'd probably recommend no lower that a Geforce GTX 460 or Radeon HD5770. Either can be had for about $170. If you can't afford that much, then you should state how much you are willing to spend.

-Wolf sends