Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

UPCOMING NVIDIA CARDS

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 27, 2010 12:13:59 AM

IS THERE AN NVIDIA CARD ABOUT TO BE RELEASED SOON WHICH IS FASTER THAN THE GTX 480?

More about : upcoming nvidia cards

August 27, 2010 12:43:06 AM

The GTX 10000000000000000! :lol: 
August 27, 2010 1:21:28 AM

rumor is GTX 495 which is a dual GPU.
Related resources
August 27, 2010 2:01:58 AM

Thanx for your reply. Regarding this rumoured GTX 495 anyway of verifying this as I am about to complete the building of my system within 5 weeks and have reluctantly settled on a single GTX 480 (as I think Sli will not make a difference)even though I would like a faster card, I stick with NVIDIA CARDS by the way. I have thought about but then disregarded about purchasing the ATI 5970.

August 27, 2010 2:41:51 AM

There is no dual Nvidia card coming this series because they are far too power hungry and still wouldn't be quick enough to beat the 5970.

ATI is soon to release their 6000 series of cards, meaning they will have the top 4 fastest cards.

HD 6970 - dual
HD 6870 - single
HD 5970 - dual
HD 6850 - single
GTX 480
HD 5870

Just FYI.
August 27, 2010 2:44:11 AM

Thanx for the info, I just hope NVIDIA
a b Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 3:26:05 AM

Why wouldn't SLI make a difference?
The GTX 495 is likely to be very similar to two GTX 460s on one card so you don't need to wait. Just buy two GTX 460s and SLI them. They will give you performance similar to an HD5970 for much less money.
August 27, 2010 10:26:03 PM

I agree buying two 460's and sli'ing them is much more sensible than buying a 5970. The thing is some people only have 1 graphics card pci-e slot.

Even with that it would make more sense to buy a new motherboard mby. The 5970 is still faster than two 460's in sli, and still consumes a lot less power btw. The reason why Nvidia hasn't released a dual card yet is because they can't get one fast enough for the power regulations.
August 27, 2010 10:39:14 PM

First of all thankyou for your advice most appreciated, If I decide to Sli 2 x GTX 460, Is there any way of checking the performance that I will get from that configuration so I can check it against the ATi 5970 and the GTX 480?
a b Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 10:43:13 PM

jyjjy said:
Why wouldn't SLI make a difference?
The GTX 495 is likely to be very similar to two GTX 460s on one card so you don't need to wait. Just buy two GTX 460s and SLI them. They will give you performance similar to an HD5970 for much less money.


+1

Or call nVidia directly and ask them to give you confidential information that they are not giving out to the public yet.

Or do like jyjjy said, which is probably more likely to succeed. LOL

In all sincerity though, GTX 460 SLI outperformed the GTX 480 by like 20% if I recall the benchmarks on Tom's right... ?
a b Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 10:44:32 PM

SGTBASHIR said:
First of all thankyou for your advice most appreciated, If I decide to Sli 2 x GTX 460, Is there any way of checking the performance that I will get from that configuration so I can check it against the ATi 5970 and the GTX 480?


GTX 460 SLI vs GTX 480
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-460-sli...
a c 173 Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 10:57:21 PM

SGTBASHIR said:
First of all thankyou for your advice most appreciated, If I decide to Sli 2 x GTX 460, Is there any way of checking the performance that I will get from that configuration so I can check it against the ATi 5970 and the GTX 480?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/181?vs=165
a c 173 Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 11:04:42 PM

jerreece said:
Awesome. Nice find mouse. :)  GTX 460 SLI is fairly comparable. Looks like they trade some blows depending on the game title.

Such is the way with these things, both sides are able to claim victory thus everyone wins. :) 
a b Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 11:15:26 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Such is the way with these things, both sides are able to claim victory thus everyone wins. :) 


Very true. And both can claim some pretty sizable wins with those charts. The GTX 460 SLI blows away the 5970 in a few tests, and the 5970 wins by a large bit in others. And then there are some where they are very close.

I enjoy my GTX 470. But honestly, I'd rather have GTX 460 SLI setup, just cause they scale so dang well. Having had more time to tweak the card, nVidia did a better job with the 460 than they did the 470/480 in my opinion.
a c 173 Î Nvidia
August 27, 2010 11:20:13 PM

jerreece said:
Very true. And both can claim some pretty sizable wins with those charts. The GTX 460 SLI blows away the 5970 in a few tests, and the 5970 wins by a large bit in others. And then there are some where they are very close.

I enjoy my GTX 470. But honestly, I'd rather have GTX 460 SLI setup, just cause they scale so dang well. Having had more time to tweak the card, nVidia did a better job with the 460 than they did the 470/480 in my opinion.

True, but we have still yet to see a fully enabled Fermi chip regardless of designation.
August 27, 2010 11:52:20 PM

Mousemonkey said:
True, but we have still yet to see a fully enabled Fermi chip regardless of designation.

A full Fermi (why does this sound not quite right?) should do quite well, tho its power usage will be quite heavy
a c 457 Î Nvidia
August 28, 2010 12:01:03 AM

Here is your info on the upcoming GTX 475, 485, and yes 490:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/faith/n...

The first reports came out in June and this article from August reports that they are preparing to launch, possibly to counter the ATI 6000 series release. I would say this is going to be a very interesting fall/holiday season for graphics cards.
August 28, 2010 1:15:42 AM

If overall perf is to be only 5-10%, this may not be enough, since ATI is certain to do the same, using a more mature process (TSMCs), while not being constricted to a smaller window of improvements as Fermi certainly is.
This will certainly make things interesting
August 28, 2010 2:12:27 AM

Looking forward to the arrival of GTX 475/485 and the 490. Might have to delay the completion of my system until the arrival of the 490. Hope the 490 can beat the 4gb Ati cards
!