ASRock P67 Extreme4 no internet connection

dragb0t

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Hi,
recently I bought some components for my brothers new pc and assembled them myself. Everything worked fine until today, when suddenly internet connection broke down. I tried everything I could (which might not be that much...) however I couldnt make it work again...
I tried new lan driver
tried new cable
tried new pci network controller
tried reinstalling windows with drivers and all

but nothing worked ...
and the thing is, it's not like when I unplug the cable but windows is constantly trying to find a connection but cant get through.

my brother is using windows 7 64bit
and this motherboard ASRock P67 Extreme4

I suspect it has something to do with my motherboard but meh ...

Maybe someone can help me or give me advice

Thanks
Jakob

This could be an issue with your ISP including MAC Address filtering, or your Router if using static IP and or MAC Filtering. If you've 'modified' the Router settings then 'RESET' the Router, and for ISP MAC Filtering turn-off and unplug the Router for 30 Minutes and/or call your ISP.

Q - Have you tried another device on that connection (e.g. Notebook w/wireless off aka LAN only)?

Next install and run Realtek's Windows Diagnostic Program - http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Don't use ASRock XFast LAN Utility, and Disable the Anti-Virus and ANY Firewall temporarily. Try to ping or open the Router {typically 192.168.1.1} from your browser or Telnet app and also, try opening Google.com.

dragb0t

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

ahm yeah I tried using another device (also tried to edit my post to add this info but somehow "was not allowed to edit this thread" whoknows)
I'll try your suggestion and come back to you soon,
thanks for the fast response anyways :>

ABarge

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hey! Just did a new build that included that same motherboard. When I booted into Win 7 i had the exact same issue. I put in the motherboard CD and installed the network drivers to get it working.