Cleaning a gaming computer help

Decade

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
So my entire gaming computer was put together through help from this forum, pretty much every aspect haha. But not I'm back with another question. I want to keep my system low on the chance of problems list. I'm wanting to clean it this weekend i went to best buy and bought some dynex wipes and spray. Now before I do this this weekend should I just spray in the machine and blow the dust out? Or maybe while doing having my vacuum nozzle going while blowing LOL? Any help I would appreciate.... AGAIN :)

Decade

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Well my bad. I really couldn't find a different area to put this. Technically its still part of my build. It's been together less than a month. Maybe I over looked where this should go, If so my bad.

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Is it really dusty? I don't think a powered vacuum nozzle would be a good idea. I feel like the running vacuum while your case is open exposes your components to too much magnetic field. The case actually works to keep your components shielded from such things.

I don't even know that using dynex wipes is the best idea either. I don't think they'll hurt, but you could probably get some compressed air and just blow some dust out of heatsink fins and fans and call it a day. I've had my homebuilt up and running for about a year and a half and I've never done what you're describing.

Since you've only had it together for a month, maybe simply buying some dust filters would be a good idea.

Decade

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Oh its not really dusty at all. I just read some people clean there's once a month lol. Oh and the wipes are for The monitor my bad. With the vaccum I meant holding it near the comp so that when I blow the air it pulls in some of that duat?? Maybe I just need to blow air in it and be done lol