I am planning to get the following, your inputs and suggestions are needed.
Before I list the parts, here are my usage of this system:
1) Playing movies, output to my 32inch monitor
2) Surfing internet, listening to music, photo editing and word processing
3) Playing some games such as F1 2010, HAWX 2
4) I am NOT planning to OC
1) Asus P7P55D-E LX P55 USB3.0/SATA3 vs Gigabyte P55A-UD3 USB3.0/ SATA 3, which is better?
2) If I need Firewire, should I get Asus P7P55D-E P55 USB3.0/SATA 3 instead?
3) OCZ 12800/1600 DDR3 CL7 vs PC3 12800/1600 Kingston HyperX CL7? And what is the difference between CL7 and CL9?
4) There are 3 GTX 460 brand I have in mind, Asus ENGTX 460 Directcu TOP 1GB, MSI N460GTX Hawk 1GB DDR5, and Palit GTX460 Sonic Platinum 1GB GDDR5. I understand from Tom's Hardware that Palit got good price to performance ratio, but the warranty is shorter than others. Do you think using the ASUS GTX460 would be a better choice?
5) CoolerMaster GX550W Single Rail vs OCZ Z-Series 550W? Is 550W enough for my system, or should I go for a higher voltage such as CM Silent PRO Gold 600W?
6) Do I need to get a discreet sound card such Asustek Xonar Essence STX PCI-E since I use my PC to listen to music as well.
Thanks you very much for taking time to read my post.
1) Asus, but both are good
3) CL=case latency. lower the better
5) should be enough. may want to go higher for futureproofing
6) dedicated sound cards are not necessary. most motherboards have built in sound cards already which sound great