Sign in with
Your question

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 7, 2011 5:12:57 PM

More about : question

a c 150 à CPUs
January 7, 2011 5:21:30 PM

You really need pure isopropyl alcohol to clean properly. This ensures no residue is left behind. Peroxide is not likely to do more than water would and I would not recommend either.

Regardless, be very careful (gentle) when you do clean it. Make sure it is 100% dry before you install.

Good luck!
m
l
January 7, 2011 5:23:08 PM

m
l
a c 150 à CPUs
January 7, 2011 5:30:08 PM

Be sure to not use typical drugstore rubbing alcohol. That will leave an oily residue behind that will damage the CPU.

Beer, wine, whisky aren't good either. Pure, 100% grain alcohol would work.

Keep in mind that pure alcohol is VERY flammable.

Have fun!
m
l
January 7, 2011 5:42:12 PM

COLGeek said:
Be sure to not use typical drugstore rubbing alcohol. That will leave an oily residue behind that will damage the CPU.

Beer, wine, whisky aren't good either. Pure, 100% grain alcohol would work.

Keep in mind that pure alcohol is VERY flammable.

Have fun!

wow thanks for the heads up
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2011 2:40:05 AM

Actually, you should use ArctiClean Thermal Cleaner or something that that's made for it. You can GET IT HERE for only $7. You can use the Isopropyl Alcohol but I prefer something that's made for it to be on the safe side. That way you won't have to worry about all the residue and stuff left behind by using what you THOUGHT was the right stuff.
m
l
January 8, 2011 3:31:11 AM

m
l
a c 150 à CPUs
January 8, 2011 1:41:28 PM

certifiedgmane said:
Thanks suteck but i have 90% percent alcohol and im going to take my chances in only a $10 cpu anyway

That will do fine. The product suggested is very good, but often hard to find. If the CPU is good from the start, the alcohol will not harm it. Good luck!
m
l
!