Sign in with
Your question

4Gbps modem connection?

Last response: in Networking
May 5, 2010 1:13:08 AM

i got a brand new 8mbps internet connection (i know it sucks, but in my city it's only allowed to have 1mb, i live im brazil).. so i was wondering if i could more easily (easylier?) check out how much of my bandwidth was being used by reducing the modem conection speed to 10mbps, so i could track the percentage... but when i rebooted the computer, it shows that the connection is acutally 4Gbps fast... is this a known bug or could i actually have this speed over here... i am currently using cat 5 cabling... i also checked out on everest, it does show the same speed

picture:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8250/capturarfd.png

More about : 4gbps modem connection

May 5, 2010 5:40:49 AM

Thats your local area connection, the connection to your modem. It's not actually possible to have a connection that fast without being an ISP. I don't even know how windows got that number, it must be a glitch, because a single gigabit connection doesn't show more than 1Gbps, although it's capable of 2gbps. I'm not sure how it came up with that number unless you have dual or quad nics in your system. Otherwise it's a glitch.

Oh, and the speed show in windows no where near monitors the speed of your internet connection, it is almost guaranteed to be alot slower.
m
l
!