explorer.exe freezing

September 5, 2005 9:41:07 PM

Hi,

I am on Winxp SP2 and all of a sudden my explorer.exe is freezing. If I go
to my task manager and end the explorer.exe process i can run programs and
such from the file-->NewTask(run) option. All my software works fine withouth
the explorer.exe running.

I ran giant antispyware and norton and everything was clean. I reinstalled
SP2 and it is still doing it. What can i do to resolve this problem. Is a
format necessary? Thanks.

More about : explorer exe freezing

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:20:29 AM

Josh, do a search for Malware. Use all of these free sites.

http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adware-and-Spyware-Scan...

http://www.webroot.com/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

"Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am on Winxp SP2 and all of a sudden my explorer.exe is freezing. If I go
> to my task manager and end the explorer.exe process i can run programs and
> such from the file-->NewTask(run) option. All my software works fine
> withouth
> the explorer.exe running.
>
> I ran giant antispyware and norton and everything was clean. I
> reinstalled
> SP2 and it is still doing it. What can i do to resolve this problem. Is a
> format necessary? Thanks.
January 21, 2008 8:15:23 PM

YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT "HIJACK THIS". GOOGLE IT & THEN LOOK FOR THE FORUM. THEY CAN TELL YOU IF YOUR BROWSER OR ANOTHER SERVICE HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY A TROJAN THAT YOUR ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS CAN'T DETECT. I'VE USED IT SEVERAL TIMES FOR ISSUES JUST LIKE THIS. BE CAREDUL THOUGH THIS TOOL CAN BE VERY VERY DANGEROUS. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING WITHOUT ADVICE FROM THE PROS.
YOU COULD ALSO TRY SDFIX & FIX WAREOUT.
Related resources
May 6, 2009 7:10:52 PM

Did you get any Results? I am having the same Problem . Any time I do Search, Ny Documents, Control Panel. My Pictures... Almost anything on the right colum but for run.
May 6, 2009 7:13:54 PM

Oh and I have run Malware Spybot and avg fixed the problem with a repair windows 3 times, I am tired of having to do this every week.
May 23, 2009 8:18:44 PM

The best way to solve the problem is to install a new xp2 the install and upgrade a good antivirus before you install programs and recover files.

The fastest way however, is to create a new user profile, then uninstall any antivirus program you might be using, that way your system will be up and running in no time.
!