Force 3 240GB disconnect/disapears

kagoks

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I hope some of you can help me.

I run a Force 3 240GB SSD as a secondary drive. It has been working fine for the last 3-4 months. I started having issues with it last week.

This is what happens: The drive is working correctly, when all of a sudden my system start freezing for about 30 seconds, then the drive disappears and my computer works just fine, but I can't access the drive anymore(it isn't in the Computer Drives screen).
When I restart my computer, the drives reappears and works well for some time til my system start freezing again.

It seems like if I do file transfer with it, it does crash after like 10 minutes or so. If I don't do anything with it there wont be any trouble(I did let my computer open all night and the drive was still working on the morning).

I did Update my Bios. The drive is running under firmware 5.02 since I bought it.
I also changed the Sata cable and Sata port.

In Windows Event Viewer, at the time the drive crash, there is a bunch of
-Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed (Application Popop, Event ID 26)
-The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, is not ready for access yet (Disk, Event ID 15)
-The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur. (Ntfs, Event ID 57)

I don't want to RMA yet cause I feel the drive is still working fine. It might be something else that cause the problem.

kagoks

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I did tried with another sata cable and sata port but the same thing happens.

There isn't really important data on this file. Mostly softwares and games. I did backup what I needed to keep.

I'll check with CrystalDiskInfo tonight.