Sign in with
Your question

Can Anyone Help on this issue?

Last response: in Components
January 7, 2011 6:43:29 PM

I built a new computer, with a i7 950, Kingwin 850 WATT PSU, 8GB RAM, Gigabyte x58-USB3 Motherboard, and everything was working fine for the past 3 days, but then all of suddenly when I turn it on now, ALL the fans go FULL blast, but not when I turn it on, only once I log into windows, and my screen shows up, the fans go nuts! Could this be a PSU error? But why only when windows logs in? I waited 1 minute, but they didnt slow down..

This includes all fans, the PSU fan, the Case Fans, and the CPU cooler fans, so werid...

More about : issue

a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2011 8:21:52 PM

C
m
l
January 7, 2011 8:22:57 PM

hairystuff said:
Can't wait for XBMC to be ported to it and signed.

WHAT? huh
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2011 9:50:45 PM

It might be a software issue, have you been messing around with a third party software that are fan controllers?
m
l
January 7, 2011 9:53:02 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
It might be a software issue, have you been messing around with a third party software that are fan controllers?

I found out its only the PSU FAN, not the other fans, its just so damn loud and noisy, any clues? Because software doesnt controll the PSU fan right? It controls itself right? Or am i wrong?

Thanks
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2011 9:55:08 PM

The psu will be thermally controlled by itself.
Your other option would be to find the same powered fan but quieter and change the psu fan.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2011 9:56:35 PM

Depending on the PSU, I think most PSU's control their fans based on their own internal temperature. It might be heating up and blasting the fan to cool off.
m
l
January 7, 2011 10:01:33 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
Depending on the PSU, I think most PSU's control their fans based on their own internal temperature. It might be heating up and blasting the fan to cool off.

but why only when the home page of windows opens? I was in bios for 10 minutes, and it was perfectly quiet and fine, then I log into windows and BAM, its a hurricane ...8(?
m
l
January 7, 2011 10:02:17 PM

beanoslim said:
The psu will be thermally controlled by itself.
Your other option would be to find the same powered fan but quieter and change the psu fan.

but why only when the home page of windows opens? I was in bios for 10 minutes, and it was perfectly quiet and fine, then I log into windows and BAM, its a hurricane ...8(?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2011 10:08:49 PM

Is a program like Antivirus running a scan as soon as you log into windows, check your startup items.

If this is the case the components will be drawing power from the psu causing it to heat up and the fans speed up.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 8, 2011 12:04:33 AM

Start your computer up into safemode and see if the same thing happens, if it doesn't then you know its a program causing the issue. If safemode does however have the same thing, it could still be a software issue but on a much lower level then simply programs.
m
l
January 8, 2011 12:13:07 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
Start your computer up into safemode and see if the same thing happens, if it doesn't then you know its a program causing the issue. If safemode does however have the same thing, it could still be a software issue but on a much lower level then simply programs.

do i enter Safemode through the motherboard BIOS or the windows Bios thing?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 8, 2011 2:50:16 AM

Upon starting your computer, for most it should be clicking F8 and then choosing safemode when the menu pops up.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 8, 2011 3:18:41 AM

just tap the f8 key (found at the top of the keyboard) while the pc starts up and if youre lucky itll show a little menu and you can use the arrow keys to select safe mode.
m
l
January 8, 2011 3:27:26 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
Upon starting your computer, for most it should be clicking F8 and then choosing safemode when the menu pops up.

I will do this and get back to you guys, I have a feeling it might be the utility software from gigabyte that is doing it, Just thought of that, I will find out,

Thanks
m
l
January 9, 2011 1:31:41 AM

blackhawk1928 said:

Guess what, it worked!! I went to safe mode, No full blast fan speed, regular fan speed, and I went to MSCONFIG, disabled Start up services, and logged into normal windows, everything was fine! So it was a gigabyte software, either the "SMART 6" or the "Easy Tune 6" software.

I think we all learned something here....Weirdest issue Ive ever encountered.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 9, 2011 3:04:44 AM

Glad your issue has been fixed :) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 9, 2011 8:52:33 AM

yutubemedia said:
Guess what, it worked!! I went to safe mode, No full blast fan speed, regular fan speed, and I went to MSCONFIG, disabled Start up services, and logged into normal windows, everything was fine! So it was a gigabyte software, either the "SMART 6" or the "Easy Tune 6" software.

Yaeh glad it worked, just make sure you haven't disabled your security in msconfig.
m
l
January 9, 2011 12:34:56 PM

Quote:
that psu is junk. copy and paste the bootlog here so we can have a look

Guess what, it works!! I went to safe mode, No full blast fan speed, regular fan speed, and I went to MSCONFIG, disabled Start up services, and logged into normal windows, everything was fine! So it was a gigabyte software, either the "SMART 6" or the "Easy Tune 6" software.

m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 9, 2011 4:12:12 PM

Quote:

wonrg. its not junk
m
l
January 9, 2011 7:57:50 PM

shovenose said:
wonrg. its not junk

I know right, kingwin is a good brand, 3 year warranty
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 9, 2011 8:40:30 PM

kingwins not the best, but its still a reliable, solid psu!
dont mind dadiggle too much, he is wrong often
m
l
January 10, 2011 5:31:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Thats why i said copy the bootlog here so we can look at where the stop is exactly

What is a boot log? Im a noob at this, never knew their was a boot log that would list that info about a utility software stopping it?

m
l
January 17, 2011 9:42:32 PM

Quote:

great so im installing that VGA cooler and now....So I removed most of the big screws on the back plate of my Sapphire ATI 5870 card, but now do i remove these screws that are attached to the expansion slot bracket? --> http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5958/rimg0060.jpg

Also, what about these ones that are on the middle X plate thing, what is that? Remove them? http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5594/rimg0055.jpg
Thanks
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2011 9:52:40 PM

Don't think the expansion slot needs removing, can't you just get at it from the other side?

Remove all other visible screws and wiggle of heatsink.
m
l
January 17, 2011 9:59:01 PM

beanoslim said:
Don't think the expansion slot needs removing, can't you just get at it from the other side?

Remove all other visible screws and wiggle of heatsink.

okay so your saying I should remove the 4 screws on this X plate thing? http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5594/rimg0055.jpg
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2011 10:05:39 PM

Usually all the screws you can find need to be removed yes.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2011 12:24:46 AM

Quote:
You must be smelling the *** under your nose. Like the antec quadro thing

huh? lol
m
l
!