Can Anyone Help on this issue?

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
I built a new computer, with a i7 950, Kingwin 850 WATT PSU, 8GB RAM, Gigabyte x58-USB3 Motherboard, and everything was working fine for the past 3 days, but then all of suddenly when I turn it on now, ALL the fans go FULL blast, but not when I turn it on, only once I log into windows, and my screen shows up, the fans go nuts! Could this be a PSU error? But why only when windows logs in? I waited 1 minute, but they didnt slow down..

This includes all fans, the PSU fan, the Case Fans, and the CPU cooler fans, so werid...

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

I found out its only the PSU FAN, not the other fans, its just so damn loud and noisy, any clues? Because software doesnt controll the PSU fan right? It controls itself right? Or am i wrong?

Thanks

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

but why only when the home page of windows opens? I was in bios for 10 minutes, and it was perfectly quiet and fine, then I log into windows and BAM, its a hurricane ...8(?

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

but why only when the home page of windows opens? I was in bios for 10 minutes, and it was perfectly quiet and fine, then I log into windows and BAM, its a hurricane ...8(?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Start your computer up into safemode and see if the same thing happens, if it doesn't then you know its a program causing the issue. If safemode does however have the same thing, it could still be a software issue but on a much lower level then simply programs.

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

do i enter Safemode through the motherboard BIOS or the windows Bios thing?

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

I will do this and get back to you guys, I have a feeling it might be the utility software from gigabyte that is doing it, Just thought of that, I will find out,

Thanks

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

Guess what, it worked!! I went to safe mode, No full blast fan speed, regular fan speed, and I went to MSCONFIG, disabled Start up services, and logged into normal windows, everything was fine! So it was a gigabyte software, either the "SMART 6" or the "Easy Tune 6" software.

I think we all learned something here....Weirdest issue Ive ever encountered.

Yaeh glad it worked, just make sure you haven't disabled your security in msconfig.

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
that psu is junk. copy and paste the bootlog here so we can have a look
Guess what, it works!! I went to safe mode, No full blast fan speed, regular fan speed, and I went to MSCONFIG, disabled Start up services, and logged into normal windows, everything was fine! So it was a gigabyte software, either the "SMART 6" or the "Easy Tune 6" software.

I think we all learned something here....Weirdest issue Ive ever encountered.

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
that psu is junk. copy and paste the bootlog here so we can have a look

great so im installing that VGA cooler and now....So I removed most of the big screws on the back plate of my Sapphire ATI 5870 card, but now do i remove these screws that are attached to the expansion slot bracket? --> http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5958/rimg0060.jpg

Also, what about these ones that are on the middle X plate thing, what is that? Remove them? http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5594/rimg0055.jpg
Thanks