Where can you buy now the new Intel chips & MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneme123

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
Hello,
Lot's of buzz around the P67; building new machine so going to go that route. Been looking today for chips and boards; don't see any. Anyone with insight on timeframes? Thanks.

Solution
Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock, and MSI are the mobo manufacturers I've heard the most buzz about. I think I saw a Biostar board that showed up (unavailable) on Newegg.com when doing a blind search on LGA 1155.

All reports are that the boards (and probably CPUs) are in the back rooms at places like Micro Center. The CPU embargo lifts Sunday. I wonder if everything goes live 12:01AM PST at all the e-commerce sites.

jpmucha

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock, and MSI are the mobo manufacturers I've heard the most buzz about. I think I saw a Biostar board that showed up (unavailable) on Newegg.com when doing a blind search on LGA 1155.

All reports are that the boards (and probably CPUs) are in the back rooms at places like Micro Center. The CPU embargo lifts Sunday. I wonder if everything goes live 12:01AM PST at all the e-commerce sites.

Solution

Confused Stu

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Overclockers UK have the processors and motherboards already live and selling on the website (or available for collection).

The main guy posted on their forum: "Right guys, the wait is over, my finger has accidently slipped onto the set live button and when I tried to hide them, my PO software died and IT have gone home, so guess they gotta stay live. :) " Gotta love 'em! :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.