Computer crashing - possible SSD problem

KryptonUbermensch

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hola,

Basically my computer has been completely crashing every hour or so and i'm at a loss as to why it's happening. What happens is my computer screen will freeze for about 5 seconds and then it just reboots itself. After it reboots, it has trouble starting Windows, at first i was getting "BOOTMGR IS MISSING" errors, after which i decided to insert my Windows 7 installation CD and try to repair the operating system in case that has something to do with it - though for some reason my SSD (which is where my OS is installed) wouldn't show up under the list of drives in the computer. If i keep turning my computer off and on it eventually works again but, as i said, crashes about an hour afterwards.

If anybody has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

KryptonUbermensch

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Well i finally completely re-installed Windows but after about 30 minutes it crashed again and came up with the error:

"Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click next
3. Click "repair your computer."

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

After restarting my computer it seems to work again but i'm sure it will crash again within the next 60 or so minutes.

This is really driving me bonkers, i have no idea what to do.

zdbc13

Distinguished
Sounds like a memory or overheating problem. Run memtest86 for several passes and let us know the results. Also monitor temps while using the PC, use speedfan, and let us know how hot it gets. Thanks.