Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

EYEFINITY cards and monitors.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 27, 2010 2:28:15 PM

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between eyefinity x3 , x4 and x6? Is it something like x6 can run 12 monitors? Overall I want to use 3 monitor.I am not sure which resolution is considered HD like 1920x1080 for just 1 monitor.Is it something like it will take the resolution of the monitor of the lowest resolution?Thank You
a b C Monitor
August 27, 2010 2:30:01 PM

x3 is three monitors, x4 is four monitors, x6 is six monitors

1920x1080 is HD (1080p)

on three monitors you will have 5760x1080
m
0
l
August 27, 2010 2:34:50 PM

jefe323 said:
x3 is three monitors, x4 is four monitors, x6 is six monitors

1920x1080 is HD (1080p)

on three monitors you will have 5760x1080


Ok got the point.But will 5770 FLEX support 1920x1080 resolution?Or should i stick with a 1GB 5870?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 27, 2010 2:53:07 PM

yes, you should be able to

but eyefinity at that resolution is going to be sketchy, you should crossfire them if you want 5760x1080
m
0
l
August 27, 2010 2:57:50 PM

well the issue i see is for gaming at least a 5770 isnt going to be able to handle 5760x1080. im get lag in alot of games with my 5770 at 3840x1024.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
August 27, 2010 2:58:21 PM

A 5770 will have a hell of a time running Eyefinity at that resolution...

If you want high settings in games, you'll need at least a 5870 or even CF 5850s. A single card will still work alright and some games will be high settings, but a lot of new games will be medium settings.
m
0
l
August 27, 2010 3:04:37 PM

Just take huge 30 inches monitor or tv and be happy :) 
m
0
l
August 28, 2010 11:24:15 AM

Ok i got the point i will still get the 5870 but probably play at a lower resolution. And i prefer 3 screens more cool that way =) So whats the maximum resolution can the 5870 take?
m
0
l
August 28, 2010 5:39:44 PM

CrysisComa said:
well the issue i see is for gaming at least a 5770 isnt going to be able to handle 5760x1080. im get lag in alot of games with my 5770 at 3840x1024.


I disagree...
My XFX 5770 is more than capiable(IT DOES!!!) of coping at those res...and with room to spare. :sol: 
m
0
l
August 28, 2010 5:50:31 PM

well it all depends what games your playing. it can handle games like call of duty. but dont even consider it for Crysis, Bad company 2, or especially Metro 2033.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
August 28, 2010 6:04:18 PM

progunnerboi said:
Ok i got the point i will still get the 5870 but probably play at a lower resolution. And i prefer 3 screens more cool that way =) So whats the maximum resolution can the 5870 take?


i have a 5870 and i run it at 5760x1080. i just have to turn off AA in most games and it runs fine
Share
August 29, 2010 12:29:54 AM

Best answer selected by progunnerboi.
m
0
l
!