Camoflauge player skins or models

In DM, have noticed players with very hard to see skins/models. From
a disitance they appear very dark and blend in well...it is almost
impossible to discern their team color. Up close all the colors are
muted (red is very light), and when they jump into a shadow the same
"far away" affect happens. Those extra half seconds of finding them
on the screen gets me fragged. It ticks me off b/c these players
usually end up in the top 1/3 of the scores. I can hold my own, but
when I see these players with 3-4 more frags than me, I attribute it
to their skin/model blending in so well.

Where are these skins/models? Are they skins? Should they be banned?

I asked one dude where he got his and he replied, "In the player model
list...haha." Yeah right.
6 answers Last reply
More about camoflauge player skins models
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    just like ut, ut2k3, there are players who cannot win games without cheats.
    live with it. it has plagued the game all along. just move to a server that
    has honest players in it.

    jay cee

    "Christoofar" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In DM, have noticed players with very hard to see skins/models. From
    > a disitance they appear very dark and blend in well...it is almost
    > impossible to discern their team color. Up close all the colors are
    > muted (red is very light), and when they jump into a shadow the same
    > "far away" affect happens. Those extra half seconds of finding them
    > on the screen gets me fragged. It ticks me off b/c these players
    > usually end up in the top 1/3 of the scores. I can hold my own, but
    > when I see these players with 3-4 more frags than me, I attribute it
    > to their skin/model blending in so well.
    >
    > Where are these skins/models? Are they skins? Should they be banned?
    >
    > I asked one dude where he got his and he replied, "In the player model
    > list...haha." Yeah right.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 12:10:24 GMT, Christoofar <nospam@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >In DM, have noticed players with very hard to see skins/models. From
    >a disitance they appear very dark and blend in well...it is almost
    >impossible to discern their team color. Up close all the colors are
    >muted (red is very light), and when they jump into a shadow the same
    >"far away" affect happens. Those extra half seconds of finding them
    >on the screen gets me fragged. It ticks me off b/c these players
    >usually end up in the top 1/3 of the scores. I can hold my own, but
    >when I see these players with 3-4 more frags than me, I attribute it
    >to their skin/model blending in so well.
    >
    >Where are these skins/models? Are they skins? Should they be banned?
    >
    >I asked one dude where he got his and he replied, "In the player model
    >list...haha." Yeah right.

    Dunno if this is the same thing, but in Instant Action I've noticed
    some of the skins are much more... subtle than others when it comes to
    easy visibility. Perhaps folks are just picking from the default
    skins the ones that give them a slight advantage. You've gotta admit
    even the size of the player models can play a role, I prefer the large
    armored brute skins but you know its harder to keep a line on the
    smallish girl models.

    -s-
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    wrote:

    >In DM, have noticed players with very hard to see skins/models. From
    >a disitance they appear very dark and blend in well...it is almost
    >impossible to discern their team color. Up close all the colors are
    >muted (red is very light), and when they jump into a shadow the same
    >"far away" affect happens. Those extra half seconds of finding them
    >on the screen gets me fragged. It ticks me off b/c these players
    >usually end up in the top 1/3 of the scores. I can hold my own, but
    >when I see these players with 3-4 more frags than me, I attribute it
    >to their skin/model blending in so well.
    >
    >Where are these skins/models? Are they skins? Should they be banned?
    >
    >I asked one dude where he got his and he replied, "In the player model
    >list...haha." Yeah right.

    Maybe he did. The new "Matrix" model is very hard to see, and in team
    games it's very difficult to tell it the model is wearing red or blue.

    There is a way to force all player models to be defaults. That way,
    you only see two model types... one male and one female. If you
    decide to do that, a recent improvement by Epic also forces *you* to
    choose that model type for yourself. Some people were forcing
    everyone to a default model and then choosing a hard-to-see model for
    themselves, which was truly lame. Now you can't do that.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:19:30 GMT, Christoofar <nospam@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >That's what I'd rather do. Is that setting done by the server admin
    >or in the UT individual settings?

    It's client side.

    Be advised that I haven't tested this myself, but this is supposed to
    work:

    User.ini:
    [UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]
    PlacedCharacterName=Gorge

    [XGame.xPawn]
    PlacedCharacterName=Gorge
    PlacedFemaleCharacterName=Rylisa

    UT2004.ini:
    [UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
    bForceDefaultCharacter=True
    bColoredDMSkins=True

    The above assumes you want to use Gorge and Rylisa as your male/female
    defaults. The list of available models:

    Female:
    Tamika
    Sapphire
    Enigma
    Cathode
    Rylisa
    Ophelia
    Zarina

    Male:
    Jakob
    Gorge
    Malcolm
    Xan
    Brock
    Gaargod
    Axon

    Remember that you must choose the same model as the one you specify as
    default, so in the above example, * your* player model must be Gorge.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    # Folk

    > There is a way to force all player models to be defaults.

    The trouble with this is that it becomes harder to differentiate between
    players. When I join a game, it doesn't take long to work out who are the
    best players on the server and who are the newbies. When I'm in a battle
    and have the choice of who to attack I go for the newbie (a little
    unsportsmanlike, I know, but all's fair in love and war.) That way, I get
    one frag, and the best player gets one frag. It's either that, or I go
    for the best player and he kills both me and the newbie... so the best
    player gets 2 frags and an even bigger lead.

    Also, if I see a weak player and I'm in a vulnerable position, I'll still
    choose to fight them. If I see a strong player and I'm in a vulnerable
    position, I'll run away.

    --
    Pokemon Box ebay auction
    http://tinyurl.com/yw9er

    How will you ever get better by fighting weaker opponents?
    Change your name and consider it practice or something.

    "Toby Newman" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
    > # Folk
    >
    > > There is a way to force all player models to be defaults.
    >
    > The trouble with this is that it becomes harder to differentiate between
    > players. When I join a game, it doesn't take long to work out who are the
    > best players on the server and who are the newbies. When I'm in a battle
    > and have the choice of who to attack I go for the newbie (a little
    > unsportsmanlike, I know, but all's fair in love and war.) That way, I get
    > one frag, and the best player gets one frag. It's either that, or I go
    > for the best player and he kills both me and the newbie... so the best
    > player gets 2 frags and an even bigger lead.
    >
    > Also, if I see a weak player and I'm in a vulnerable position, I'll still
    > choose to fight them. If I see a strong player and I'm in a vulnerable
    > position, I'll run away.
    >
    > --
    > Pokemon Box ebay auction
    > http://tinyurl.com/yw9er