Sign in with
Your question

Cannot share over wireless network

Last response: in Windows 7
November 13, 2011 1:08:19 AM

I have previously shared video over windows 7 homegroup with a WIRED connection to wireless devices such as a laptop (win 7 also) and ps3.

recently however, I got a wireless card and moved my desktop making all devices wireless.

now i cannot see any other devices in the network, nor connect to a homegroup. the problem seems to go away when i am hardwired to the router.

on a sidenote, i think i remember noticing when my desktop was still hardwired, that i could share only one way -> from desktop to wireless laptop, but for some reason not from laptop to desktop. not sure though, i never really had a reason to share from the laptop to desktop.

one last thing, i could view the ps3 as an "unidentified device" from the desktop and laptop in the media sharing options (could tell from mac address) but they would not show up in the ps3

any ideas? If i am missing any information, i will edit this post.
Thanks!

More about : share wireless network

November 15, 2011 4:05:28 PM

no one? Do i have an unsolvable problem?
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2011 9:42:12 PM

thanks for the attempt, but i've already been through several pages of pre-made trouble shooting for homegroup. I'm looking for an expert to troubleshoot the situation, as it seems to not be an average problem.
m
l
November 20, 2011 12:07:13 AM

disappointing :( 
m
l
!