Alien Swarm Mod Released

Last response: in Video Games
May 29, 2004 2:32:01 PM

Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire).... *squelch*

http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 6:38:39 PM

comeand@kissmyfatarse.com (Mattias Honrendgard) wrote:
>Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire).... *squelch*
>http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/

Anyone else having trouble finding blackcatgames? I get to
cary-dist-c-g2-2.springboardhosting.com but no further.

--
William Smith
May 30, 2004 5:08:01 AM

William P.N. Smith wrote:
> comeand@kissmyfatarse.com (Mattias Honrendgard) wrote:
>
>>Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire).... *squelch*
>>http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/
>

> Anyone else having trouble finding blackcatgames? I get to
> cary-dist-c-g2-2.springboardhosting.com but no further.

I did earlier seems to work now

--
May the ping be with you ....

Registered Linux user number: 355729
May 30, 2004 3:29:59 PM

Looks like, a 2D over head game. Any one had luck down loading the
AlienswarmTrailer.AVI 22 meg movi file of this game. I get only a 14kb file.

Julius

"Mattias Honrendgard" <comeand@kissmyfatarse.com> wrote in message
news:D d394218.0405290932.1f82315a@posting.google.com...
> Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire)....
*squelch*

> http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 7:17:49 PM

"Mattias Honrendgard" <comeand@kissmyfatarse.com> wrote in message
news:D d394218.0405290932.1f82315a@posting.google.com...
> Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire)....
*squelch*

> http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/

Just like Alien Breed from the old Amiga days.........but not as good ;-)

Now where did I put my the old miggy...........
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 7:17:50 PM

The boss wrote:
> "Mattias Honrendgard" <comeand@kissmyfatarse.com> wrote in message
> news:D d394218.0405290932.1f82315a@posting.google.com...
>
>>Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire)....
>
> *squelch*
>
>>http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/
>

> Just like Alien Breed from the old Amiga days.........but not as good ;-)
>
> Now where did I put my the old miggy...........

I really like it, a different type of gameplay than ive been used to for the last few years. I
remember Onslaught on the Amiga, that was fun.

For a first release the game is surprisingly well polished and feels 'ready', if you know what I
mean. I havent come accross any bugs yet, although I'm only half way through the campaign. Being
able to 'level up' your character, add skill points, gain medals, do missions in your own order ..
and the best thing about it, co-operative multiplayer .. that plus voice comms (aka, ventrilo) makes
the game fully enjoyable.

The atmosphere of the game is great and has had my adrenaline pumping a few times. What a blast,
recommend it to anyone with an open mind and the determination not to shun the game 5 mins into
gameplay :D

--
May the ping be with you ....

Registered Linux user number: 355729
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 8:27:17 PM

I agree. I got the mod and it looks like lots of fun. I can't wait to try
it co-op.

Speaking of old games, anyone play Alien Vs. Predator on the Atari Jaguar?
"Ugh. BLAH!"

--
IWIK
Anonymous

IWIK wrote:
> I agree. I got the mod and it looks like lots of fun. I can't wait to
> try it co-op.

(snip)

Co-op is a gametype the community is begging for, this small offering has been pounced upon.
Hopefully other game creators will take note of it and give us some needed co-op experiences.

AvP is amazing, although as it wasn't naturally co-op the bugs stood out, like not being able to
finish the game as mission critical monstors never came "alive".

Other co-op games you may want to try,

o System Shock 2 (teh daddeh of co-op experience, and now has quite a large community, adding new
models and textures to make the game feel less 'old')
o Aliens vs Predator 2 (not as immense as the the first, but still a blast all the same)
o Rune (melee only FPS, hack 'n' slash your way through the 100s of monsters with your mates :p  )
o Quake2 (got a bit boring half way through, but worth a try, some people love it)
o Neverwinter Nights (Bioware is amazing at RPG's, a pity KOTOR wasnt co-op compatible, that would
of pwned)

There are quite a few out there, but they are getting dated, we need some more hardcore co-op games
to be released! :)  A Deus-Ex co-op mod was started, but never really got off the ground after there
first beta release (which was just the one map), I was really looking forward to that when they
started, pity.

Anyone played the new Ground Control 2 demo? On the game-type selection screen there is a
"co-operative" option, albeit greyed out for the demo ..o0o0o0o0o ma-god! :)

--
May the ping be with you ....

Registered Linux user number: 355729
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 8:27:19 PM

Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote:
>Other co-op games you may want to try,
[...]
>o Neverwinter Nights

My wife's favorite, though we couldn't get co-op play to work right.
SOme of our other coop favorites:

Sven Coop (a HalfLife mod)
Diablo
Duke Nukem(!)

Co-op is a really underappreciated game play, either because it's hard
to do right or because you need to play on a LAN for best effect.

--
William Smith
May 30, 2004 9:50:53 PM

the original Rainbow Six had some sweet co-op action way back in 99.
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:13:50 AM

comeand@kissmyfatarse.com (Mattias Honrendgard) wrote in message news:<dd394218.0405290932.1f82315a@posting.google.com>...
> Nnng... They're coming in through the.... *aaaargh.. * (weapons fire).... *squelch*
>
> http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/

And they've just patched it up to 1.1 now as well :)  I've almost
forgotten "normal" unreal!
!