SSD OPTIMISATION ISSUE

arjunratnadev

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Hello,

I just bought a Corsair Force GS 180 gb internal hard drive I installed windows 8 in it and made it a primary drive and then when I run ATTO on it its read and write speeds are way less then Corsair claims. The read speed is reaching upto 296 mb/s and write speed upto 390 mb/s after I enabled and disabled the write caching on my SSD oh and all the connections are cool Sata 3 cable and all that is correct. Any suggestions to increase the speed kindly reply.

arjunratnadev

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
its ASUS M5A97 and iam sorry i actually forgot to enable the AHCI feature on my mother board before installing my windows 8 pro genuine :pfff: i think thats what bothering me so much :(

arjunratnadev

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
thank you very much Mr. Kenny3105 your reply was very helpful and i just found out :ouch: that i forgot to switch my SATA configuration to AHCI mode, oh :pfff: i am so sorry for myself now i cant even switch back my windows 8 from IDE to AHCI becoz i guess that windows 8 is new and i may not find the necessary drivers online or from microsoft, :??: but i did find a fix it software to revert windows 7 from IDE mode to AHCI but donno if the same works for my genuine windows 8 oh i am soooo screwd up :heink: i donno what to do i just recently installed many apps but i guess i would have to make a fresh install :cry:

arjunratnadev

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
sorry nukemaster the link superuser did not give me direct answer or i did not understand it properly :ange: i mean it said to change some hkey command in user control and do something which was for vista that might not work on windows 8 and there was another suggestion which would make me continuously change some command on evey boot but i guess just to make sure its safe i think i have no other way, i would have to reinstall it with AHCI mode, well if you can try please find something that would work perferctly the there should be a definite method for it :sarcastic:

arjunratnadev

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Thank you Kenny and all of you guys although I had to :??: reinstall my windows 8 on AHCI mode now the write speed is topping :sol: at 465 MB/s and Read speed of upto 506 MB/s which is upto the mark thank you everyone for your help :hello: