GA-990XA-UD3 - 5 volt PCI slots?

bloodrun

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
The last motherboard I bought didn't run 5 volt pci cards. it is a MSI K9A2 and only runs 3.3 volts. I looked the GA-990XA-UD3 's manual over and couldn't find it's standard listed (universal, version 2.3 or anything)

(i just clipped this info) The original PCI standard required that plug-in boards use 5V power. As the PCI standard evolved, the option was added for a 3.3V power source. Now, with the latest PCI 2.3 release the 3.3V power supply is required and the 5V power supply is obsolete. (end clip)
I was able to find some Motherboards a few years ago that would accept my MOTU 5volt sound card but not sure how easy that will be today. I had to give the MSI board to my son because I couldn't record with it. If anyone has a new MB thought that runs 5 volts and SATA 3 let me know! TIA

bloodrun

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Na Bud, thanks for trying. I'm still reading up on it. That clip of mine might be old and before pci-x standard... so I'm still looking. Thanks again though! .... OK, i found what I need. I need the best Motherboard that will run "PCI 2.1" This is the last PCI standard to support 5volts. I'm sure I can find some of them but nothing like good advice about which one if anyone can help with that. I only need one pci 2.1 slot but would prefer 2 slots. Thanks again!