Urgent help....

bedazz

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
Hello,
i was dusting my motherboard, when i accidentally pulled the wires connected to f-panel, w/c are;power sw, reset sw and the hdd led, can you tell me where to insert those wires....my motherboard is ECS 945GCT-M2 thank you.

Do you happen to have the Documentation that came with the board? If so, then it should have the placement of the connectors, plus you will also need to know which connector of your case goes where, thus either the connectors have to have it written on the socket itself or then you need the case's documentation too, or you'll need to trace each case connector to it's end point to know which is the power switch, reset button, hdd led, power led, speaker.
Also you'll need a flash light and a magnifying glass :) to see if the FP connector pins on the Mobo have their designations written right under them, they usually are.
Check and let us know.

Brechan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Try searching the motherboard's manufacturers website for your particular board; often it will list a 'downloadable PDF' version of the motherboard's manual, then just scroll down to the page that shows where the front panel connectors get connected to the motherboard.

Find the pins on your mobo then get a torch and match the label up to the pins.
frontpanel.jpg

bedazz

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011

my wires are properly, but those pins at the mobo is only in black color and no indication or whatsoever to guide where to insert those wires, so im totally guideless. i lost my mobos manual when i moved out w/ the receipt, so i cant bring back my system to the shop, i would appreciate it if someone could send me the picture or diagram of the mobo....model no. ECS-945gct-M2
thank you..