ASUS CM6850-07 Memory Type

Garfunkel64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Hey guys, just recently bought this computer and slapped a GTX 580 and new power supply into it, but want to add some more RAM. Stock, it has only 8GB for the Sandy Bridge i7 2600. I want to get 16GB in there (4x4GB). Was wondering if anyone who knows could tell me what type of RAM it has (240 pin, 184 pin, etc.) it would be a huge help! Thanks Fellas! And ladies!

Garfunkel64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Also, I would like to know how to better Allocate the memory when I do get it. Unfortunately, I'm more software saavy than Hardware, and I'm not sure if there is a way to specifically tell the motherboard how to use the memory I give it with the processor.

It won't utilize all that while idling, but open a couple instances of Adobe premier, along with a couple dozen of photoshop, start rendering in 1080p, get it to render a couple heavy filters in photoshop at the same time, and while you are at it start a nice game of Crysis on your second monitor and you will have a pretty big chunk used up :p

16GB is a bit overkill, but I can guarantee you will probably never run into a memory bottleneck. And you can't beat the price.

Garfunkel64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Haha, Yeah, I will be running Dual monitors, and playng BF3 when it hits. Might be doing some film editing in the near future as well, so we'll see! Thanks so much for you answers!