Help RPC error

Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my sound
was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar currently
running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into ADD\Romove programs
to uninstall.
I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that sound
devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after everything
I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work eighter. Then i saw in
MSCONFIG there was one Service that was unchecked DCOM server process, this
service would stay that way evertime i restarted.
So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could anyone
help?
4 answers Last reply
More about help error

    "chickenbone" <chickenbone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my sound
    > was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar currently
    > running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into ADD\Romove
    > programs
    > to uninstall.
    > I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that
    > sound
    > devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after
    > everything
    > I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work eighter. Then i saw
    > in
    > MSCONFIG there was one Service that was unchecked DCOM server process,
    > this
    > service would stay that way evertime i restarted.
    > So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
    > error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could
    > anyone
    > help?

    A quick search on Google would have saved you the time and effort of posting
    here...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370

    Bobby

    You receive a "The RPC server is unavailable" error message when you open
    Disk Management in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884564

    How to troubleshoot RPC Endpoint Mapper errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839880

    "Event ID: 7000" or "Event ID: 7013" Error Message When You Attempt to Start
    a Service
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314357

    Troubleshooting "RPC Server is Unavailable" in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B1CA215A-8263-42C6-A203-0819B3F2A741@microsoft.com,
    chickenbone <chickenbone@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my sound
    > was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar currently
    > running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into ADD\Romove
    > programs to uninstall.
    > I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that
    > sound devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after
    > everything I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work eighter.
    > Then i saw in MSCONFIG there was one Service that was unchecked DCOM
    > server process, this service would stay that way evertime i restarted.
    > So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
    > error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could
    > anyone help?

    Well 1 of 5 registry values are missing under RPC ClientProtocols -ncacn_http
    -ncacn_ip_tcp - ncacn_np - ncacn_ip_udp

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > You receive a "The RPC server is unavailable" error message when you open
    > Disk Management in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884564
    >
    > How to troubleshoot RPC Endpoint Mapper errors
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839880
    >
    > "Event ID: 7000" or "Event ID: 7013" Error Message When You Attempt to Start
    > a Service
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314357
    >
    > Troubleshooting "RPC Server is Unavailable" in Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:B1CA215A-8263-42C6-A203-0819B3F2A741@microsoft.com,
    > chickenbone <chickenbone@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my sound
    > > was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar currently
    > > running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into ADD\Romove
    > > programs to uninstall.
    > > I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that
    > > sound devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after
    > > everything I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work eighter.
    > > Then i saw in MSCONFIG there was one Service that was unchecked DCOM
    > > server process, this service would stay that way evertime i restarted.
    > > So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
    > > error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could
    > > anyone help?

    Do you mean from this???

    Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000
    Verify the ClientProtocols key exists under the
    HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Rpc key and that the ClientProtocols
    key contains at least the following 5 default values:
    • ncacn_http REG_SZ rpcrt4.dll
    • ncacn_ip_tcp REG_SZ rpcrt4.dll
    • ncacn_nb_tcp REG_SZ rpcrt4.dll
    • ncacn_np REG_SZ rpcrt4.dll
    • ncacn_ip_udp REG_SZ rpcrt4.dll

    How to troubleshoot RPC Endpoint Mapper errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839880

    Here's what I have for ...

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols]
    "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll"
    "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
    "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
    "ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"

    Hell, I'm misssing ncacn_nb_tcp REG_SZ rpcrt4.dll

    I have been seeing this The RPC server is unavailable error posted a lot
    lately.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:55704F47-5121-40E9-BA2E-CA8F76E37AB5@microsoft.com,
    chickenbone <chickenbone@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Well 1 of 5 registry values are missing under RPC ClientProtocols
    > -ncacn_http -ncacn_ip_tcp - ncacn_np - ncacn_ip_udp
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> You receive a "The RPC server is unavailable" error message when you open
    >> Disk Management in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884564
    >>
    >> How to troubleshoot RPC Endpoint Mapper errors
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839880
    >>
    >> "Event ID: 7000" or "Event ID: 7013" Error Message When You Attempt to
    >> Start a Service
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314357
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting "RPC Server is Unavailable" in Windows
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:B1CA215A-8263-42C6-A203-0819B3F2A741@microsoft.com,
    >> chickenbone <chickenbone@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my
    >>> sound was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar
    >>> currently running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into
    >>> ADD\Romove programs to uninstall.
    >>> I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that
    >>> sound devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after
    >>> everything I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work
    >>> eighter. Then i saw in MSCONFIG there was one Service that was
    >>> unchecked DCOM server process, this service would stay that way
    >>> evertime i restarted.
    >>> So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
    >>> error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could
    >>> anyone help?

Configuration RPC Windows XP