AMD Southbridge Driver

f12ostii

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I want to know the safe and proper way to update the chipset driver..i updated my chipset for my 890gx motherboard from the amd site, during the install i clicked custom n it showed that a northbridge filter and usb filter drive can be installed...should i uninstall my old drivers b4 updating or will it be fine to just install over them. Since the ati catalyst does not have a southbridge driver package in it. How do i properly update my chipset driver? should i uninstall my catalyst for my gpu when 11.9 comes out then update my chipset driver , following a install of the new ati catalyst?

Solution

No, you don't need to uninstall your old drivers; it's ok to install over them.

Here's the link to the latest AMD South Bridge...

f12ostii

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I've been google-ing this for days to find how to update the chipset driver since...amd nor any manufacturer websites tell us anything on how to install the southbridge driver properly.i have the right amd southbridge for my amd 8 series but need to know how to install it correctly. I've been doing clean install for my ati catayst for my graphics cards just need some insight on updating the chipset drivers.

No, you don't need to uninstall your old drivers; it's ok to install over them.

Here's the link to the latest AMD South Bridge drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx

Solution