Sign in with
Your question

I have two hard drives on my computer one has c particion d and other is f how d

Last response: in Storage
January 22, 2013 12:46:55 PM

my computer had one hard drive on it C particion D I added another hard drive F now I want to restore back to factory setting with recovery disk Windows Xp home eddition and make hard drive c&d just one C and hard drive F into D how do I do this
January 22, 2013 2:58:35 PM

kelly_69 said:
my computer had one hard drive on it C particion D I added another hard drive F now I want to restore back to factory setting with recovery disk Windows Xp home eddition and make hard drive c&d just one C and hard drive F into D how do I do this

Extremely difficult if you are using Partition C for the OS and Partition D has your installed programs because all of your registry entries for installed software on D will be lost. If you plan to wipe Drive C and reinstall all software, then the XP Recovery disk will allow you to re-partion Drive C and then Format and install Windows using the entire drive space as one partition. You would then have to reinstall all of your application Software. If you Backup all of your critical data to the Drive F, then it can be renamed as Drive D after the Rebuild and the Optical Drive can be made Drive E.
m
l
Related resources
!