Can you install windows XP SP3 with this Motherboard?

madtech01

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I am looking to build an inexpensive gaming machine to run windows XP.
I need to know if you can install Windows XP Pro SP3 on a certain motherboard, the motherboard in question is the Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H.
According to its specs it run a hybrid EFI BIOS so I was wondering if you could install XP on it, gigabyte provides XP drivers.
But I was under the impression that you can not install Windows XP on an EFI or UEFI BIOS.
Could someone help me out with this question don't want to spend the money to buy the motherboard and an A8-3850 APU, just to find out it is not compatible with the OS I need to use.

BobCharlie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
The BIOS runs pre OS boot. For 49.95 you can get the board I'm using Biostar A780L3L and have no issues with XP as that's what I'm running as I don't want Windows 7. If you need x6 core capable board, go with the A780L3G board as it accepts 6 core chips. If you're running a huge video card, it might block one of the 4 SATA plugs, but I like this board and it's apparently inexpensive. Some people are getting bundle with AthlonII X2 255 for 100 bucks apparently. Seems like a good deal.

madtech01

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

So what you are sayings is that there is a setting in the BIOS for Windows XP to run in that Hybrid EFI BIOS?