XP registry corrupt?

September 7, 2005 3:54:09 PM

Your help would be greatly appreciated. On switching on the pc, an error
message pops up during boot up which states that a locally stored profile
cannot be accessed because either my security settings do not allow it or a
registry file may be corrupt. XP opens ok, but all activities are slow. My
user profile name is correct, and internet access ok but I cannot access any
personal files, my settings (eg mouse click on touch pad tap) are gone, as
are all my explorer favs and homepage. I cannot find any specific answers in
the knowledge base, but then my technical understanding, as you can see, is
limited. Any help or pointers would be most welcome.
Thanks
Jonathan

More about : registry corrupt

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:17:02 PM

Try opening administration,click on event viewer,get details as to "whats
going on".If you click on the url for an event/warning,this opens
help/support
in xp usually with a fix to the problem(s).To fix xps registry,read kb 307545
Even though it states "prevents xp from starting" it still repairs,and would
work for you.

"JB07" wrote:

> Your help would be greatly appreciated. On switching on the pc, an error
> message pops up during boot up which states that a locally stored profile
> cannot be accessed because either my security settings do not allow it or a
> registry file may be corrupt. XP opens ok, but all activities are slow. My
> user profile name is correct, and internet access ok but I cannot access any
> personal files, my settings (eg mouse click on touch pad tap) are gone, as
> are all my explorer favs and homepage. I cannot find any specific answers in
> the knowledge base, but then my technical understanding, as you can see, is
> limited. Any help or pointers would be most welcome.
> Thanks
> Jonathan
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:03:02 AM