Status
Not open for further replies.

thefox14

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I am trying to decide whether or not I should go for Sandy Bridge or wait until Ive Bridge.

Right now I'm rocking a q6600 @3.2 and its still holding up pretty well.

Should i wait for Ivy or go for Sandy right now?

Solution
What will IB bring to the table that SB doesn't? Its a die shrink, so expect similar results when Intel has done this in the past. What happened when the 45nm C2Ds came out? You got better thermal numbers, and an extra 500-600MHz on the OCs. I haven't heard of anything special on IB so I don't see why we can't expect the same thing again.

If your rig is fine and its not annoying you then don't worry about upgrading. Upgrade when it no longer does what you need it to.

4745454b

Titan
What will IB bring to the table that SB doesn't? Its a die shrink, so expect similar results when Intel has done this in the past. What happened when the 45nm C2Ds came out? You got better thermal numbers, and an extra 500-600MHz on the OCs. I haven't heard of anything special on IB so I don't see why we can't expect the same thing again.

If your rig is fine and its not annoying you then don't worry about upgrading. Upgrade when it no longer does what you need it to.

Solution

killer pc g15

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

intel is going to launch a new chip the z68 which is a p67/h67 combo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.