Solved

Which MoBo would U Pick

Since some of the sharpest minds are on this website, I've got to ask this question. I've got 2 boards from Biostar MCP6P3 http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=461 Uses DDR3
and TA785GE 128M ver6.1 http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=455 Uses DDR2

The givens are: AMD Phenom II X4 945 95watt, Saphire 5570 VC, SCSI hard drive and controller. I have 8gigs of DDR31600 for the MCP6P3 and 8gigs of DDR2 1066 for the TA785GE.

I can't figure out which is better of the two(Maybe both are c__p!). I will be upgrading the video card and a ssd later this year.
Thanx for your input.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which mobo pick
  1. the AM3 board is newer and faster. I might be missing something but I am not sure where the confusion comes in. I would go with teh MCP6P3
  2. I guess the confusion on my part is the features of the chip-sets of NVidia(430) on one board that I'm not use to. I could not tell if it was newer and a improvement over the AMD 785 chipset other than the memory.
    Thnx itzdanielp for your input.
  3. itzdanielp said:
    the AM3 board is newer and faster. I might be missing something but I am not sure where the confusion comes in. I would go with teh MCP6P3

I guess the confusion on my part is the features of the chip-sets of NVidia(430) on one board that I'm not use to. I could not tell if it was newer and a improvement over the AMD 785 chipset other than the memory.

Thnx itzdanielp for your input.
  4. Best answer
    the only real difference I could see between the chipsets is that the AMD785 allows for up to 12 USB 2.0 connections where as the nVidia allows up to 8.
  5. Best answer selected by Gregojd.
  6. Thank you for the information because I could find very little on the MCP6P3. To make a long story short, I'm using the TA785GE now(which seems to be a good enough board for what I use it for) so since you say they are about the same, I'll dump the MCP6P3 and apply the $ to an updated board. Thanks again for your help.
    Gregojd
  7. no problem, good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards