Border problem ati 5850

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjun

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
when i use my monitor with ati 5850(asus MS228H) throgh HDMI cable, black borders are showed around the screen..... problem is solved by setting the overscan value 0% in CCC..... after restart or shutdown or resulation change it shows black borders again :( ..... n i have to set the overscan value again :( .......... again and again!!!!! bt when i use VGA ...its ok...no need to set overscan values..... plz plz fix that problem...... is their any major difference between hdmi and vga??? i only knw that hdmi is digital and vga is analog..... how i know that i'm using ati avivo when i playing hd content.... how to play 1080p x264 more smooth......

sunjun

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010

simply apply and then ok .... its working...bt after reboot or resulation change it doesn't work...

AltoQ

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
I had the same problem. The XFX HD 5850 I have has worked perfect with the drivers (9.6a) that are on the instalation CD that came with the card. I up graded the drivers to 10.9, down loaded from the AMD/Ati site. Almost cryed. Been through the "new drivers thing" before. Long story Short : Downloaded 10.9 drivers from XFX site, installed DVI-D to HDMI adapter cables I got at Best Buys and SHAZAMM ! FOOMCROFLMAO back to perfect plus. If they fix the Glitch I'll go back to HDMI, but the only differance is DVI-D does not have sound and without all the sounds buzzin' through the cable, You don't need all the twisted pairs that are in the HDMI cable. Untill then I'm quite satisfied with the DVI-D to HDMI cables.

AltoQ

Status
Not open for further replies.