Heres the Specs:
ASUS P8H61-M (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
8GB DDR3
i7 3.4 Sandybridge
Sapphire 1GB Radeon HD 8950
Raidmax Hybrid 730W
1.5 TB Hitachi HD 72000 RPM
Writemaster CD-RW

I just built my first first PC about 5 days ago. Initially I would get BSOD all the time, stating a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE but then I removed the Audigy 2 soundcard that didnt have any drivers, and I kept getting BSOD for other reasons. Last night, I got another BSOD having something to do with my M-Audio Recording Interface and the IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS error. I then took off the panel and began to install a Y-cable for my fans that I just received in the mail, but after installing realized that I forgot to turn off the PSU... When I went to start up the comp again, I got nothing. Occasionally, a flicker of light will come out of the iLok USB drive I have plugged in, but the power supply will not come to life once its plugged in to the MOBO. I've already tested the PSU, and I thought for sure I shorted the motherboard while installing the Y-cable, yet when I only leave the PSU connected to the motherboard, the green light is still lit.. No beep codes either.
Trying to make sense of all this. Why all the wide variety of BSOD's? Why wont my PC turn on? Are these problems connected? Thanks.

ASlave2Audio

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I tested the PSU using the paper-clip method and it turned on fine. I thought it had to be the motherboard as well but the green standby light indicates that its receiving power, or does this light not necessarily mean anything?