Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Troubles

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
October 14, 2010 2:12:25 PM

Hey everybody- Last night i put together my new desktop, every fan is running all the lights are lighting up and everything is working fine on the desktop itself- as far as i know atleast, i plugged in my mouse/keyboard/monitor in preperation to turning it on- i turned it on and mymonitor said No input signal check video cables, so i checked all of the wires i hooked into the back coming from the monitor and on the monitor- and they were all fine and what not- so i readjusted a few and tightened them a little bit and tried it again, i got the same exact message... SO I called Hanns-G the maker of the monitor and they said i need to change my resolution to 1920x1200 and my issue would be solved, so i got another monitor and i tried that and nothing even showed up on that other monitor, so i said thats not it... As far as i know all the wires inside of the desktop are in there securly and everything is in there tightly wire wise; - so what could be my issue(s)?... And can i use my TV inplace of my monitor to switch the resolution?? Any tips really clear, like idiot friendly tips? This is my first build and i had NO idea what i was doing but i got it together- and working, now just the monitor part is driving me UP the wall!

More about : monitor troubles

October 14, 2010 2:28:32 PM

Is the monitor set to receive the right input (e.g. If you plugged in DVI, did you set it to the DVI input signal in the monitor's menu)?

What parts do you have in your computer?
m
l
October 14, 2010 2:43:09 PM

If you have a mobo with onboard video make sure your didn't hook up the monitor to the mobo instead of the video card.

Make sure that the video card has the supplementary power connectors hooked to the PSU (if the video card has those extra power connectors).

http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?type=content&img=30...

List all your parts including the PSU (make, power).
m
l
Related resources
October 14, 2010 4:15:22 PM

Duplicate thread! I posted reply in your other one in this same forum.
m
l
October 14, 2010 10:21:41 PM

SAPPHIRE 100281-3SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity64861516 - Thats my video card

Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1080P HDMI WideScreen LCD Monitor Built-in Speakers 64756135 - Thats my monitor

CORSAIR CAFA50 120mm CPU Cooler64756135 - Cpu Cooler

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive64756135 - Hard Drive

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C964756135 - Ram Cards I have 3 in.

ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - My mother board

CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-950TX 950W ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply64756135 - Power Supply

IDK if that helps what so ever. If it does PLEASE! :D  Say somethin XD :D D ty <3
m
l
October 14, 2010 11:04:03 PM

That PSU is a bit overkill; you probably aren't even using 750W.

Did you try what we've suggested? We need to know if it worked or not.
m
l
October 15, 2010 3:02:42 PM

Yes it is... WELL! I think it is- I orded a new video card today, from newegg.com where i got the first one- i think (between you and i .. i broke the video card lol.. hehe-) I'm NOT sure yet- I will know after like 2:30 ESTN time today, as if it was the Video card- if not the video card i will have them replace the MOtherboard aswell and i will set everything back up- except ill bring all the pieces to BestBuy lol XD, and make them put it together- or i will use Tom's Hardware to help me put it together if i wanna save $30/hr... Anyways- I called the monitor people to ask them how to change it- and so i tried to do what they said to do- but im not REALLY positive that when i hit enter that its actually going through and hitting "ok" You know?, like i canscroll through the choice's which are three, DVI/HDMI/VGA and i trieds to pick any of the 3, and it said the same message with all 3, reguardless of the plug i had in (either HDMI/VGA/DVI)- SO!!!! im hoping thats its simply the video card, ill stick it in baddahbing baddahboom- plug it in Set up BioS DL all the software i need to DL, and then start video gaming- SO i hope, (I've got a full weekend of raiding ahead of me, so lets hope this works).. Worst case cenario would be that its the motherboard, in which case i have to take EVERYTHING off of it again, hoping to not break anything further, and put everything back on nice and slow and hopefully it was just the motherboard and not ANOTHER thing, which would be a REALLLLLY crappy coienciedence. Anywho, pst back with any opinions.. Please- also once i recieve the video card, i will let you all know what the result was.
m
l
!