Connection failed... WHY?

Schism

I keep getting connection failed errors in UT2004 now no matter what servers
I try to connect to, does anyone know why? It hasn't happened before and now
every server I connect to fails.

Meltdown

Schism enlightened us with:
> I keep getting connection failed errors in UT2004 now no matter what
> servers I try to connect to, does anyone know why? It hasn't happened
> before and now every server I connect to fails.

Is your firewall setup correctly? If not, tell us more about your system
and internet connection.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Schism

I did a system restore and it fixed it, I still have no idea what was wrong,
but nothing had a changed (that I know of) since the restore point.

> Is your firewall setup correctly? If not, tell us more about your system
> and internet connection.
>
> MeltDown
> --
> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Scott

"Schism" <blah@(NO-S*P_AM)aforce.net> wrote in message
> I keep getting connection failed errors in UT2004 now no matter what
servers
> I try to connect to, does anyone know why? It hasn't happened before and
now
> every server I connect to fails.

I run a ut2004 server and I tried to upgrade the server to the new patch.
Then only people who installed the new patch could get on, but there
were about 10 of my regulars who got connection failed errors.
Nothing they did would let them on my server so I had to revert back
to the original. Its just a good thing I backed up my System folder before
I installed the patch :p

Have you recently installed the patch?

Scott

Schism

I installed it when it first came out, and it had worked fine except for a
few GPF errors.

> I installed it when it first came out, and it had worked fine except for a
> few GPF errors.

are all the servers your trying to connect to have the new patch?

Schism

I did a system restore to a couple days before (still had the patch at the
tiem of restore though) and it stopped, so I'm not sure.