Help with headphone detection

bojo600

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
for months i thought my front panel headphone jack just didnt work, but one day i read my motherboard manual and installed the correct sound driver, realtek HD audio. i found an option to disable the headphone jack detection, and viola, my headphone jack sprung to life :sol: the problem was, the realtek HD audio sounds terrible on my comp compared to windows' default sound driver, so i uninstalled it and put back windows' default sound driver, and of course my headphone jack stopped working at the cost of having better audio :??:

so the question is, is there some kind of way i can trace where that checkbox on my realtek driver goes in my computer or some kind of registry hack or anything to disable headphone detection?

bojo600

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
i said i wanted to keep the windows default sound drivers but i tried what you said n it didn't really work, i have my driver but i wanna stay with the windows driver

popatim

Titan
you dont understand... there are 2 types of audio headers on the motherboard and 2 types of from ports on the case. One is called HD audio and the other is called ac97 and neither have anything to do with the sound driver. AC97 doesn't have jack detection fwiw.

bojo600

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
umm sorry could you give links or instructions, i look up ac97 n all i find are sound drivers that dont work n arent what i want. tried playback devices n i cant find anything either