Motherboard not boot

Hello,
i just asking from any one about my motherboard, we update him and after start he did not boot. how can i go back my board to original settings? help me... my motherboard is ecs661fx-m.
3 answers Last reply
More about motherboard boot
  1. Im having the same issue. This is how I got access to my PC.

On your motherboard there is a small flat round battery called CMOS battery, it looks like an English 10p or a US quarter. Switch off your machine, disconnect all the cables and press the power on button once or twice to remove any residual power. Then remove this battery for at least a minute. Then replace the battery ensuring you put it in the same way as before. This should reset your BIOS. Now reconnect all your power and reboot. This should get you into your system
  2. rather than wasteing a minute removing the battery just short out the bios reset jumper. its just to the right of the bios battery. labeled jp1 just connect the pins with a piece of conductive metal like a screwdriver. do this while the system is on. you will know when it works cuz it will shut your system down. hit the power button again and there you go.
  3. nic_33 said:
    Hello,
    i just asking from any one about my motherboard, we update him and after start he did not boot. how can i go back my board to original settings? help me... my motherboard is ecs661fx-m.

Sounds like this person updated the bios i hope english is not his first language

Hopefully they updated the bios with proper bios, flashing a wrong version can brick the motherboard.
    Flashing and crashing during the flash or loosing power during flash can be catastrophic.

Most times clearing the bios by clr cmos jumper or removing the battery and loading the default settings will fix it.

Also he could mean he installed a new motherboard and its not booting need more info.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Boot Motherboards