First build - $1,000 best bang for the buck - gaming computer

Approximate Purchase Date: By the end of October or the first week of November

Budget Range: <$1,000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mainly to play games, such as WoW, Civ 5, upcoming SW:ToR

Parts Not Required: I do not need a keyboard, mouse, or speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg preferably since its the only site I really know of

Country of Origin: US of A

Parts Preferences: No real preferences, although a buddy said to go with an Intel i5, but I'm just looking for whatever is the best bang for the buck here

Overclocking: Highly Doubtful

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon

Monitor Resolution: This I am not sure of, seeing as this will be my first time making a computer and I don't have a monitor pre selected. (whatever is the best for the money)

Additional Comments: Like I have said in the title and in this post, I have no preferences to parts or anything, although if you guys could suggest a nice $1,000 gaming rig I would really appreciate it. And if you need to leave out a monitor thats fine, seeing as I'll just get one come xmas and I could just hook the computer up to my TV until then :D

I'm just mainly wanting a computer that can play those games listed above at max or near max settings, and I would like to not have to worry about upgrading parts in the near future since it seems something new comes out every few months part wise.

And thanks for taking the time to help me out.
3 answers Last reply
More about first build bang buck gaming computer
  1. psu
    Ram
    Mobo
    cpu
    Cpu cooler (in case you decide to oc, but its still nice to have anyways
    cheap reader
    case
    hdd
    Monitor
    gpu

It comes to about $1100, but thats including the monitor, but if you said you might get one in a couple months anyways, you could drop it to save the $130. Theres also $30 worth of mri not included in the price i gave you, and if you find some combos from the parts you can save some more money.
  2. With HD6k very very near if you could await a wee bit there could be repercussions in the GPU pricing scheme
  3. Alright, I can wait until December really, hopefully prices come down on the GPU so it can make a difference in selections available to me :D
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems