Sign in with
Your question

Can't see DVD drives

Last response: in Components
January 9, 2011 10:10:44 PM

I have a desktop that I can't see my optical drives......I've powered down the system...unhooked both optical drives and rebooted the system but still can't see the drives... I'm running a quad core system with windows vista 32 bit...it has done this in the past and i've been able to unhook the drives and reboot the system and they showed back up...but now it's not cooperating.....any ideas?

More about : dvd drives

January 9, 2011 10:22:45 PM

try a different port, or a different cable.
m
l
January 10, 2011 12:05:56 PM

callumparker, don't be an ass wipe. Offer useful suggestions or don't waste everyones time.
m
l
Related resources
January 10, 2011 12:07:48 PM

Quote:
upgrade to windows 95

Upgrade your answers or don't bother.
m
l
January 10, 2011 12:10:47 PM

theinstag8tor said:
I have a desktop that I can't see my optical drives......I've powered down the system...unhooked both optical drives and rebooted the system but still can't see the drives... I'm running a quad core system with windows vista 32 bit...it has done this in the past and i've been able to unhook the drives and reboot the system and they showed back up...but now it's not cooperating.....any ideas?

Could be more complicated than that, I had this with a laptop, ended up changing registry entries.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=...
m
l
January 10, 2011 1:05:24 PM

try going into your BIOS (hit delete or F2) on boot up
do you see the drives there?
m
l
January 11, 2011 4:58:34 PM

king smp said:
try going into your BIOS (hit delete or F2) on boot up
do you see the drives there?

They're not there either..
m
l
January 23, 2011 8:18:30 PM

Just getting back........I ended up doing a system restore to approx 4 weeks earlier and this seems to have worked this time.....however on a previous occurence this did not work.....so I kinda discounted it this go around....guess I'll learn from this oversight......

thanks guys and gals for the suggestions
m
l
!