Help wiring a motherboard

sunx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
hi

k so today i got my cm haf 912 and im going to put my old motherboard there and i like to know (cuz i never done it b4) whats the "easiest" way to wire a motherboard? Nothing is being changed all im doing is switched case from a HP case to the haf 912 the motherboard is a H-RS880-uATX (Aloe)

Solution
yes, that would be a great tool to help you out.

Just be careful since the colors for the front panel connectors won't be the same. But you will see how they are wired, and you should be able to match them up.
Unless you are able to download a manual for your mobo showing the front panel pin headers, and assuming the labels are: too small to read, missing, and/or ambiguous, make a diagram and label which front panel connector goes to which pins. Hook it up that way in the new case, and you should be good.

most everything in the system can only be plugged in one place, just match connectors with slots on the MB.

The front power and HDD lights are going to be the hardest, as you will need to get a magnifying glass to read the labels on the MB. Just match the labels on the MB with the labels on the wires for the front of the case.