Help plz!! cant get to post

mopo

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
hey everyone i just got all my stuff from newegg and been trying to put it all together.. here is list of my parts

NZXT M59 Case
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V
GIGABYTE GV-R585OC-1GD Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro)
GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD

ok so everything is plugged in and heres where the problem starts

When i power it up, LEDS and fans all work.. so psu is ok
Everything attached to MOBO however does not work, monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc... maybe MOBO problem?
The Cooler fan attached to CPU works fine... so maybe mobo is ok? or its just the power flowing through it?

the HDD spins up so thats ok too i think
Possibly a RAM problem? everything should be compatible

When i test just the MOBO and cpu with monitor plugged into mobo i can get to a screen that says
OS Loading, then an error message, but probably because i unplugged the HDD
but when i try to plug in the keyboard, the screen goes away... ??
but at least getting to a screen would mean that the CPU is ok??

i tried taking everything out and putting back in but no result

plz advise... very confused..

MoPo

siliconvideo

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
The link from gkay is good, go there first.

The message "OS loading" is a good sign also. If you unplugged the HDD then the CPU has no OS to run causing the error. I assume that these are all new components and even if the HDD is plugged in you'll still get a OS error because the HDD is blank. Normally on new builds you need to reconfigure the BIOS to boot from the CD and have the OS install disk in. The system will then boot from the install disk and then step you through installing the OS onto the HDD.

When booting, try to get the to BIOS scrreen and check that it recognizes all your memory. If you get to the BIOS screen, the CPU is good.

It bothers me that the system doesn't work when the keyboard or mouse is plugged in. If this is true then I'd check for crimped or pinched wires if you plugged them into a front. I always start builds by plugging keyboard and mice into the ports on the back of the computer since these are direct connections to the mobo.

Hope this helps a bit