Artifacts with ati video acceration

soul reaper

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
I get artifacts when using ffdshow dxva when playing certain .mkvs. Sometimes there are green bands along with it. Everything plays fine when you disable gpu acceleration
I tried using another media player to see if it was ffdshow but the artifacts remained when gpu acceleration was enabled
Here is a video file that I have artifacts on: http://www.filesonic.com/en/file/11932245/Suzumiya_Haruhi_no_Yuuutsu_-_C4_-_Special_Ending_-__Hitsuji__e569a2b7_.mkv

I'm guessing its my video card thats causing it, have a ASUS 5850. Running CCC 10.8

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
ATI cards do not support DXVA decoding on high profile above L4.1 same as intel, Why is that?
Because that is the level blu-ray plays at

Depending on what the encoder did he may be violating the number of reference frames in a given profile or just using his a unlimited profile to which he can set up w.e compression he wants.

Just use CPU decoding. Things may have changed but the last time i checked it still had the limitations in place.

sl83r

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Do you get artifacting on anything else? Such as games? If so, card is either overheating, in which case you can turn up fan speed in CCC or you may have bad ram on the vid card.

soul reaper

Distinguished
May 3, 2010

How does this even relate to what I'm asking...? You'd think I'd notice artifacts ingame. I'm talking about ati's problem on gpu acceleration.