Sign in with
Your question

Need help wtih build

Last response: in Systems
October 15, 2010 11:01:17 AM

hey guys i need help with a build, its nearing christmas soon and my mother said she would buy me a computer so i wouldnt have to game on this laptop. i have a price range of 350-400$ i have a case with fans and such i just need components if you guys can hook me up that'd be great!

More about : wtih build

October 15, 2010 11:05:04 AM

$376AR - cheaper if your case is game worthy/half decent air flow hehe

Good to go SC2 Ultra (No AA)

edit: u have to state make/model case if u plan on reusing so we could determine what form factor of mobos could be house in it hehe
October 15, 2010 10:58:22 PM

thanks for the feed back
Related resources
October 15, 2010 11:20:47 PM

dumb321 said:
hey guys i need help with a build, its nearing christmas soon and my mother said she would buy me a computer so i wouldnt have to game on this laptop. i have a price range of 350-400$ i have a case with fans and such i just need components if you guys can hook me up that'd be great!

I suggest you look on craig's list or e-bay for used components. You will get much more for your dollar.
That is where I sell my old parts to fund the latest and greatest.

Look at your seller carefully and check them out first. On Craig's list, sellers often think their parts are worth more than they really are. Look for a distress sale.
On e-bay, search for used components. New components can't compete with newegg and other online retailers. On used parts, check out the completed auctions section. Items in green will be the true value.

For gaming, try first to get the best graphics card you can find. A dual core at 3.0 will power most anything decently.

Get your mom to advance you the funds so you can take advantage of good deals.

October 16, 2010 2:51:43 AM

I would set AthlonII X3 as min target hehe

The Game Rundown: Finding CPU/GPU Bottlenecks, Part 2
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bo...
Quote:
Conclusion: A Trend Toward 3+ Cores

The average optimal number of CPU cores suggested by the test results is 2.75, showing a clear trend towards at least three CPU cores.The question of whether the CPU or GPU is most important is easily answered. If you don't have a multi-core CPU, then upgrade it. If you have a dual-core CPU at around 3 GHz, then invest your money into a graphics card, as most games are GPU-limited. This is not something that will change with new DirectX 11 games.
!