Help DOOM find a new laptop!

DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
Hey guys...

I'm looking for a laptop. I want something that will largely (but not completely) replace my desktop system: I do development, mostly, and I also play games, watch movies, and listen to music.

I've read a couple reviews, and thought I'd ask if anybody had anything to say about these two models:

* Toshiba Satellite 5105-S607
* HP Pavilion ZT1190

I'd like to have a good screen and good speakers, DVD drive w/ TV out (to watch movies), and firewire/usb2. Price is flexible, but I'm shooting for the vicinity of $2000. I am willing to pay more for a system that I won't regret buying (like so many others!).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-DOOM

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Nice systems. The Hp is really light. If weight is not important to you check out the Sager 5650 or if you don't mind a desktop cpu check out the 5620. These are roughly the same units as the area-51 however they may be slightly lower quality. You could save a lot of money and still have a nice machine. Both 56xx machines come with the Radeon 7500/64 which is very nice. They can also be fitted with dual opticals which is also nice. Nothing wrong with the machines you picked just pointing out a lower cost option. I have the 5620 and I like it. It is heavy and it does suck down the batts real fast but it is truly a desktop replacement machine.

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.

TRENDING THREADS