Applets Close after 10 seconds

When I right-click on the desktop and choose Properties, the window closes
after 10 seconds. Also happens with various Control Panel apps, and
right-click/My Computer/Properties as well. Any help in fixing this would be
greatly appreciated, I can't un-install anything, change desktop properties,
join a domain, or a host of other things because the windows close before I
can finish!!

amersilly@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about applets close seconds

    Sounds like it's time to check for Malware on your System. Use all of
    these free sites.

    http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adware-and-Spyware-Scanner/3640-8022_4-10377953.html?sb=1&v=0

    http://www.webroot.com/

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    "Amersilly" <Amersilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I right-click on the desktop and choose Properties, the window closes
    > after 10 seconds. Also happens with various Control Panel apps, and
    > right-click/My Computer/Properties as well. Any help in fixing this would
    > be
    > greatly appreciated, I can't un-install anything, change desktop
    > properties,
    > join a domain, or a host of other things because the windows close before
    > can finish!!
    >
    > amersilly@hotmail.com

Configuration Desktops Windows XP