Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GTX 470 max temp.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2010 7:00:00 PM

Hello!

I have a question.

What is the safe max temp for a Palit dual fan GTX 470?

and is it ok to overclock it?

thanks!

More about : gtx 470 max temp

a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 11:50:28 AM

Modern GPUs can take quite a punch in heat these days. What temperatures are you getting during idle and load?

As for OCing, I don't see any reason as to why it will be a bad idea to overclock it unless you do not know what you're doing. Assuming that you do, as long as your PSU is good enough and your card isn't running into excessive heat issues (and crash issues), then it should be fine to overclock.
Score
August 30, 2010 2:52:01 PM

skolpo said:
Modern GPUs can take quite a punch in heat these days. What temperatures are you getting during idle and load?

As for OCing, I don't see any reason as to why it will be a bad idea to overclock it unless you do not know what you're doing. Assuming that you do, as long as your PSU is good enough and your card isn't running into excessive heat issues (and crash issues), then it should be fine to overclock.

Idle is about 43, and at FULL load in furmark it get's up to 85.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 592 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 30, 2010 6:55:23 PM

Those are good temperatures. My GTX 480 runs slightly hotter, as it should, at 50c idle and 91c full load (on a hot day). The gpu fan never goes above 75%, even when overclocking, so the card is running exactly how it was designed.

When you overclock, just be sure to keep an eye that the card doesn't exceed the 95c range. I believe dipankar2007ind is correct with the 105c top limit, but in real world gaming, shoot for the low 90's. Even with extreme overclocking, I doubt you will reach that temperature if everything is functioning normal and your case airflow is good.
August 30, 2010 7:17:25 PM

Best answer selected by yogman.
Score
May 19, 2012 5:39:30 AM

I have a pny 470 sharing a loop with my cpu and a palit 470 on air always had the fan 100% and for some reason the palit card jumped to a little over 105ish under load and started idle at 70ish. it usually idle high 30's low 40's and 60- 70ish under load. dont know whats up because the fan was still running the same rpm. you guys think i fried something?
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2012 12:59:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!