Sign in with
Your question

Sandy Bridge Case please

Last response: in Components
January 10, 2011 8:46:10 AM

Hi guys.
This is going to be my first time building a computer so please bare with me :) 

I decided to get Sandy Bridge 2500K with its motherboard ASUS P8P67.
I was wondering if these would fit in basically any cases out there or if I need to get certain models.

Also, which ones are highly recommended?
I think big towers are too big and expensive but it seems everyone is getting big tower.
are mid tower just no no or are there any decent mid tower that are not overexpensive?
My initial thought was to spend about 60 dollars but maybe I can spend up to 100 dollars if cases
are really that important and make a big deal in terms of temperature and so on.

I am not interested in water cooling, getting 1 GPU, and probably around 600W PSU.
1HDD and 1 DVD drive.

P.S. since this is PSU forum, i would also appreciate it if you can recommend me a PSU.

Thank you.

More about : sandy bridge case

a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2011 9:03:29 AM

Full towers give you the flexibility of adding more parts internally later on, with ensuring that you have a good air circulation inside your cabinet. The only thing that you have to do inside is decide the air flow direction, that you can do by fan orientation and good cable management (i suck at this! :kaola:  ).

I would say full towers are a way to go. Although some mid towers are also very good. Like the Antec P183.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2011 9:10:22 AM

Motherboards are made to a standard size (the ATX form factor), thus you can pick pretty much anything. My recommendation for a case/PSU combo would be Antec or CoolerMaster.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2011 2:01:26 PM

Case selection has zero to do with Sandy Bridge. lol
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 11, 2011 6:53:33 PM

Video cards/GPUs have been a key factor recently. After you decide which video card you want, find a case that will hold it. Many cases will not hold an HD 5870; I'm not sure how long the HD 6870's are.
m
l
Anonymous
January 11, 2011 8:09:16 PM

My specs and needs are relatively similar to yours, I have decided to go for CoolerMaster HAF 922, it is a mid-tower however it is larger than most mids. It might be more expensive than your average case but it is well made and easy to work with!
At least check it out, otherwise the antec 900 is also a viable option.
m
l
!