WILL VISTA DRIVERS FOR WESTERN DIGITAL HD MODEL WD1002FAEX WORK WITH XP OPERATIN

klynn777

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I HAVE A GATEWAY PC WITH XP OS. I REPLACED MY CRASHED IDE HD WITH A 1 TB SATA HD.
I HAVE SATA DRIVERS FOR VISTA, BUT NOT FOR XP. WILL VISTA DRIVERS WORK? IF NOT, WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD XP DRIVERS FOR A WD 1002FAEX HD?

You need preinstall drivers for your SATA controller, not your drive. If you can tell us the model number of your PC, then someone may be able to help you. Even better would be the identity of the motherboard chipset.

BTW, ALL CAPS is frowned upon. It is viewed as SHOUTING.

If you have a windows XP SP2 disk you can use that disk to install the OS. SP2 hs the SATA drivers in it. If your computer had no SATA ports and you are using a SATA add in card other problems may arise. 1. your bios may not allow you to boot from an add in controller card (can be a problem with retail pc builders). If your computer allows you to boot from an add in SATA controller card you will need to install the drivers for the controller card from your floppy drive during OS install (requires you pushing F6). if you do not have a floppy drive and you have an add in SATA controller card you will need to slipstream the drivers for the controller card onto the install disk. in which case it may be better for you to upgrade to a modern OS depending in your systems specs.

klynn777

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

Thank you for your response. I will check this. Sorry for caps. Frustrated, but not shouting, just easier for ME to read type. Again, thank you.