Sign in with
Your question

Will a 485watt power supply run a radeon HD5830?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b ) Power supply
August 29, 2010 10:58:56 PM

have a 485watt power supply and need to know if a radeon hd 5830, amd athlon II X3 440, and 4 gigs of RAM will be supported?
a b ) Power supply
August 29, 2010 11:02:54 PM

485w is meaningless with out the brand and model of your psu.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 29, 2010 11:19:03 PM

it is a orion hp485d if that awnsers your question.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 29, 2010 11:42:10 PM

That isn't a very good pus and it reminds me of my old A-Power 480 that nearly burned up on me. The answer is no it isn't enough. This psu is very low end and like many these days it has a sticker bigger than what it can actually deliver.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 29, 2010 11:45:58 PM

do you think it would run the radeon 5770 then?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 30, 2010 12:14:47 AM

the guy i bought it from said that he only uses top notch peices in building his computers, so its kind of hard to believe that it would be that bad. mabye not for the hd5830 that requires 500W but the hd5770 only needs 450W. I just need to know if with all the other stuff like ram, fans, cpu, and gpu it will run it?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 30, 2010 1:03:48 AM

HostileDonut said:
the guy i bought it from said that he only uses top notch peices in building his computers, so its kind of hard to believe that it would be that bad. mabye not for the hd5830 that requires 500W but the hd5770 only needs 450W. I just need to know if with all the other stuff like ram, fans, cpu, and gpu it will run it?

I take it that you just don't understand any thing about hardware at all. If you want an unstable rig or have a dead part on your hands then there is no one stopping you. Cheap psus in the end are not worth the money spent on them.
m
l
August 30, 2010 1:56:09 AM

HostileDonut said:
the guy i bought it from said that he only uses top notch peices in building his computers...

Duh. Of course people say that. When is the last time you were buying something and this happened...

You: So do you use good components?
Guy: Nah. I mean we use the bare minimum to scrape by, but really we are trying to cut costs so we can make more money.
You: Wikkid! I'll buy two!

Even if you buy manure, nobody will tell you you are buying crap.

I've never heard of that brand, so instinct tells me that its likely junk. Use if you like, but a bad psu can kill just about anything connected to it if it dies.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 30, 2010 2:23:35 AM

ok thank you guys for all the help and yes, I dont know much about computers. I will most likely get a new power supply. =(
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 30, 2010 2:30:50 AM

HostileDonut said:
ok thank you guys for all the help and yes, I dont know much about computers. I will most likely get a new power supply. =(

I see it as making a proper investment like buying something for school or work knowing that you need it.
m
l
!