directactionteam

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I just both and instal my new mobo it a asus sabertooth 990FX I instal everythink but it won't boot, they have led light for Dram mem ok it lite red and in the manual it say press mem ok until it start flashing that what I did and my ram are in the QVL the ram are Kingston Hyper X 1600MHZ (2 kit of 2 x 2GB for a total of 8 GB)I try to remove the ram and only put 2 stick and then only one stick in any slot and still nothing mem ok lite on red and press on it untill it flash and still nothing.

PLEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY COH THIS WEEK END.....

THANK in advance.

I read it can be my videocard it not seat well in the slot!

There are a few possibilities including: Short {HSF, Standoff, etc}, Wiring {Power 8/24 pin, Header short}, etc including a bad MOBO.

Q - Need more specific list of parts:
1. RAM Exact Kit(s) used ; I prefer a link
2. HSF {CPU Fan stock or specific aftermarket}
3. PSU
4. GPU
5. CPU

Try unscrewing the MOBO and PCIe screws and move the MOBO away from anything conductive i.e. dangle support by a towel and 'try' again. Use (1) stick in the second DIMM slot from CPU, failure try a different stick, failure try the DIMM slot closest to CPU.

Failure again - Clear CMOS - use the Jumper method listed in the manual {pulling the CMOS battery isn't the same as a 'Jumper' clear ; see -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

directactionteam

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

ram are : KINGSTON KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX(XMP) 4GB ( 2x 2GB ) kit like that and my GPU it a MSI GTX295 powersuipply ATX 750watts from cooler master, intel SSD 120GB SATAII 3GB/S and cpu AMD phenomII x6 1090T with a thelmaltake for AMD AM2+/AM3/AM3+ but i read someone had the same problem and he found is videocard wasn't sit well in the pci-e slot.

Sure if a GPU or ANYTHING isn't seated properly it will cause a post failure. I assume the 6-pin & 8-pin on the GTX 295 are connected to the PSU.

There are a bunch of Thermaltake and most have metal mounting brackets. Couple of observations and suggestions regarding the HSF installation: 1. NO Metal to MOBO contact regardless of installation manual - use plastic washers; 2. Shorting will cause all sorts of oddball boot/posting errors. Therefore, if the 'dangling' pseudo breadboard fails my recommendation is to use/try the stock HSF.

I have noted a few bad SABERTOOTH 990FX MOBOs.