How to disable auto gpu switching

xphp

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
hey guys

i have a problem with my pc which is whenever i restart the pc the motherboard switch automatically from my Nvidia 560 TI to my intel gpu and even if i uninstall the intel gpu when i restart it comes back again since its on my cpu my friend told me that i can turn that off from my motherboard bios

but i've looked around and i didnt find anything or maybe cause its an EFI bios and im used to the normal one

anyways my mono is ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe

please help

Since the P8Z68 DELUXE doesn't have any onboard video ports (i.e. DVI/D-Sub/HDMI) the only way to access the iGPU's feature set is by installing Lucid VIRTU d-Mode. You shouldn't be installing Lucid VIRTU i-Mode.

The discrete graphics card is always the primary GPU. Which PCIe x16 slot do you have the GeForce GTX 560 Ti in, is it the the blue one?

xphp

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
guys in my bios settings the PCI settings were PCIE/PCI by default
and ko888 i found something about lucid something and it was enabled in the bios

i think it was installed with the mobo driver cds
will check that

xphp

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
thanks so much ko888 i disabled Lucid from bios and now i dont see the intel gpu anymore in the pc so that was the problem

thanks so much to all of you

For those wondering where that setting is, navigate as follows :

ASUS EFI BIOS Utility - Advanced Mode --> Advanced tab page--> System Agent Configuration sub-page --> Initiate iGPU setting

Configuration options: [Disabled] or [Enabled]

Set this item to [Enabled] to enable Lucid Virtu/ NVIDIA Optimus